Around the State
Dallas Examiner | 6/10/2013, 4:22 a.m. | Updated on 6/11/2013, 12:15 p.m.
The North Texas Chapter of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals is joining with the Dallas Park and Recreation Department in the effort and will sponsor 38 learn-to-swim scholarships at nine Dallas pools.
“We were honored to have the opportunity to team-up with the city of Dallas to help promote water safety,” said Noel Conley, North Texas Chapter spokesman.
Dallas’ event will have participants engage in water safety games and activities and lead them in a free 45-minute introductory swim lesson.
To participate in the Dallas WLSL event, go to http://www.dallasaquatics.org for pool locations.
Dallas ISD will offer various summer enrichment programs for students during the summer break with classes running throughout June and July. The programs will be offered at different locations and vary in their requirements. Below is the list of programs:
• June 1 through July 13: Dallas ISD Summer Dance Intensive for grades three through 12.
• June 12 through June 29: Summer Musical at The Black Academy of Arts and Letters for grades three through 12.
• June 17 through June 21: Orchestra Camp for grades four through 12.
• June 17 through June 21: ACT Preparation for grades nine through11.
• June 17 through June 22: Band Camp for grades six through 12.
• June 17 through July 11: Refugee Support for grades K through 12.
• June 24 through June 28: SAT Preparation for grades nine through 11.
• June 24 through July 11: Chess for grades three through eight.
• June 24 through July 11: Karate for grades three through eight.
• June 24 and July 25: Bilingual Enrichment for ELL students for grades K through 12.
• June 24 and July 25: Science Discovery Camp for grades three and four.
• June 25 through July 18: Mandarin Chinese for Grades six through 12.
• June 25 and July 26: T-CALL for grades six through 12.
• June 25 and July 26: Voyage for grades seven and eight.
For more information, visit http://www.dallasisd.org.