Summer cooking for tech-savvy chefs
Robyn H. Jimenez | 7/21/2014, 10:25 a.m.
The Dallas Examiner
Texas is known for its barbecues because nothing is deeper to the heart of a Texan than beef, chicken or pork cooked on an open flame – especially during the summer. This summer, spice up the annual summer celebrations, family reunion, outside birthday party, pool party, back-to-school bash or an al fresco wedding party dinner with free tech-savvy gadgets.
Start with new recipes for the grill.
• Barbecue Grill Recipes powered by Riafy Technologies is equipped with a variety of recipes created for the grill. It also allows users to create and share shopping lists. It’s available for download on all Android devices.*
• Weber Grills also offers a huge selection of grilling recipes. The app includes over 75 new recipes each week. It provides over 60 guides, tips and techniques for beginner and advanced chefs while grilling. This app is available for download on all Apple devices.
• Chefs looking to spice up the grilled burger might enjoy Grilling Master. The app has several grilled burger recipes for a variety of proteins. This app is available for download on all Windows devices.
A timer is a must-have for all chefs.
• Cooking Timer is an app with an elegant and professional design. It comes with three easy to use timers that can also be used as stop watches, and shuts off automatically after several beeps. The device even works while the phone is powered off. This app is available for download on all Windows devices.*
No meal is complete without side dishes … and maybe some dessert.
• Side Dish Recipes Designed for iPad offers an extremely long list of recipes from Alpine Salad to Zucchini.
• Summer Fresh offers free light and refreshing salad recipes that are perfect for summer. It even has several desserts that are not too heavy for the summer heat. Dessert Frozen Recipes offers 100 recipe-ideas for summer dining, but great any time of the year. Both are available on all Windows devices.
• Dessert Recipes Free, another app powered by Raify, offers a seemingly endless array of desserts, including ice creams, cookies, puddings, brownies and popsicles. It even has child-friendly ice cream games and ice cream adventures. It’s available for download on all Android devices.
• The Confident Baker Magazine comes complete with recipes for desserts, muffins, ice creams, pies, cookies, cakes, cupcakes and more. This app is available for download on all Apple devices.
Everyone needs to stay hydrated while relaxing or playing in the hot Texas heat.
• Drink Recipes, powered by Назарко, has a long list of beverage recipes – from a banana oat smoothie to blackberry gin, from espresso to watermelon and lime slush. The app is categorized and includes a complexity scale, nutritional information and a grocery list. Users can save preferred drinks to prepare and serve again. It’s available for download on all Android devices.
Apple, Android and Windows all provide a wide variety of apps for everyday living. From tracking health information to offering tutoring and training, apps can help in ways many people have not anticipated. No one app will be perfect for everyone. Search the app store directly on a smartphone or tablet for apps that can make life easier or offer new ideas.
- Recommended by Cricket Wireless