Special to The Dallas Examiner
The Dallas City Council approved a series of initiatives to assist Dallas residents and small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The programs are called the Mortgage/Rental Assistance program and the Business Continuity Fund. The programs were designed to help stabilize the local economy and provide resources to help keep neighborhoods intact.
Because of high call volume, applicants may be able to complete the pre-qualification screening process faster online at http://www.dallascityhall.com.
Business Continuity Fund
The following will be required for the pre-evaluation process
- Participants must provide documentation of the impact of COVID-19 on their circumstances including, but not limited to the following:
– Proof of loss of job or income, temporarily or permanently (*Current City of Dallas employees are not eligible)
– Reduction of working hours or income
– Increase in medical and household expenses attributed to insufficient rent or mortgage payments (example increase in childcare costs to cause of school closings).
- Copies of the following: valid and current passport or State identification or license to drive (from every adult in the home)
- Birth Certificate for at least each minor.
NOTE: some programs will require birth certificates for each household member
- Proof of income, if any (unemployment benefits, paycheck, TANF, etc.)
- Proof of occupancy for each household member
Mortgage/Rental Assistance & Business Continuity Fund
Applicants should have the following documents available:
- IRS Form W-9
- Documents supporting number of employees and payroll (i.e. IRS Form 941)
- Documentation demonstrating a 25% loss or greater in income since March 2020
- Registration with Secretary of State or County
- Profit and loss statement from previous year
- Tax statements from previous year, including sales and use tax
- The financial statements and information will be presented directly to the program administrator
Additional documents may be needed as applicants progress through the process for those applying for rental assistance:
- A copy of your current lease
- Late or eviction notice(s) for monthly rent or proof of circumstance (any paperwork that can support how the household was adversely affected by COVID-19).
For those applying for mortgage assistance:
- A copy of the most recent mortgage statement
For additional help, call 469-749-6500 weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.