Special to The Dallas Examiner
The Dallas County Tax Office and the Dallas Central Appraisal District will partner to offer Property Tax 101 Community Presentations throughout Dallas County Feb. 28 to April 11.
The presentation will be hosted in coordination with various Town Hall and County events and will offer important information regarding your property taxes. This presentation will focus on how the Texas Property Tax System works; how to efficiently protest your value; and payment deadlines to avoid penalties. The presentations will be led by Dallas County Tax Assessor/Collector, John R. Ames, and the Dallas CAD director of Appraisal Services, Shane Docherty.
“We will be focusing on giving you information that will allow taxpayers to know the deadlines and best way to present information when they protest their values, and to also know the deadlines and options which are available for paying their taxes,” Ames stated.
Check the Dallas County website for times and locations. Locations and times are listed at https://www.dallascounty.org/tax.
- February 28 – City of Wilmer, hosted by Mayor Petta
- March 9 – Dallas County District 1, hosted by Commissioner Daniel
- March 14 – City of Grand Prairie, hosted by Mayor Jensen
- March 15 – City of Dallas –District 14, hosted by Councilman Ridley
- March 21 – City of Dallas –District 13, hosted by Councilwoman Willis
- March 22 – City of Dallas –District 11, hosted by Councilman Schultz
- March 23 – City of Balch Springs, hosted by City Manager Cluse
- April 4 – City of Dallas –District 7, hosted by Councilman Bazaldua
- April 5 – City of Dallas –District 9, hosted by Councilwoman Blackmon
- April 6 – City of Dallas –District 10, hosted by Councilman McGough
- April 11 – City of Dallas –District 1, hosted by Councilman West