Pack the Polls
Pack the Polls is one of the activities of Our Vote Is Our Voice: Can You Hear Us Now, a nonpartisan coalition organized to reclaim our vote.
“It is impossible to overstate the critical importance of the 2020 election.” Lael added that “there is too much at stake for Black and Brown communities and now that we’re less than 50 days away from Election Day, each day matters in the effort to mobilize as many people as possible,” stated Reuben Lael, organizer for Pack the Polls.
The purpose of Pack the Polls is to amplify awareness and a sense of urgency to boost voter engagement.
A caravan of cars will travel through strategic neighborhoods near identified polling sites. The route will circle a parameter around selected polling sites using alternating streets to increase touch-point and interaction with the community.
Participants are encouraged to decorate their cars with signs using GOTV phrases.
Pack for Polls in July 2020 for the U.S. Senatorial runoff election was an overwhelming success.
For the Nov. 3 election, they are expanding the routes and having the caravan on the two Saturdays of early voting, Oct. 17 and Oct. 24.
Lael said it was fun empowering the community along with carpooling with family, friends and colleagues.
Following are social media messages that they encourage people to use:
- This #ElectionDay, Black futures are on the ballot. Join the caravan and help us increase voter turnout in Dallas. We have the power!
- We must mobilize to #vote like we’ve never done before in this #election. Join the caravan and help us increase voter turnout in Dallas. We have the power!
- This week: Sign up for Pack the Polls and help us increase voter turnout in communities in Dallas. We must mobilize to #vote like we’ve never done before in this #election
- #ElectionDay is right around the corner! We have neither time nor #votes to waste – join the caravan and help us increase voter turnout in disenfranchised communities. We have the power!
- This week: Sign up your fraternity, sorority, group, chapter, church, company, or organization for the Pack The Polls Parade to mobilize voters in Dallas communities. #ElectionDay is right around the corner!
We have neither time nor #votes to waste
- Don’t miss out: You still have time to register for the Pack The Poll Parade to help increase voter turnout this November. Our vote has power!
- Our voice is our vote. Join us and show our collective power and mobilize voters to early vote ahead of November. We must mobilize to #vote like we’ve never done before in this #election.
- Join the @NAACP @litbiblestudy @DFWULYP @dallasdoesgood @nphcdallas for Pack The Polls Parade. This moment is too big to be silent. We must mobilize to #vote like we’ve never done before in this #election.
NOVEMBER 2020 PARTNERS:
– Our Vote is Our Voice
– Dallas National Pan Hellenic Council
– Lit Young Adult Bible Study
– Heaven 97 KHVN
– Innovating Good
-#PackThePolls #NonStopNovember #ReclaimYourVote #EarlyVote #WeThePeople